Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer with dotted line relationships to CPO and CEO, the Community Education and Marketing Manager aligns all Human Options prevention and education programs with the Agency's strategic mission to ignite social change by educating Orange County to recognize violence and advocate for those affected by abuse. The manager will have the responsibility of establishing, maintaining, and enhancing efforts aimed at awareness and prevention of interpersonal relationship violence. This position will have the primary responsibility of supporting the conceptualization and implementation of a social movement by establishing new community partnerships, developing outreach programs, and collaborating with staff to create compelling and interactive presentations and awareness campaigns for domestic violence education and prevention.
- Ensure alignment with brand identity throughout the organization.
- Lead strategy for utilizing social media to support brand awareness, advocacy, engagement, and community education.
- Develop, execute and oversee written communications of moderate complexity, including annual reports, presentations for various audiences, web content, talking points, and correspondence and social media posts.
- Assist in the production of all organizational communications, including collateral, website, and advertising and promotional materials, to ensure consistency of brand and voice in all communications.
- Assist in monitoring editorial, design, production, printing, and mailing schedules for all materials.
- Assist in the management of external public relations consulting firms.
- Understand and communicate institutional mission, values, and content to both general and target markets to drive attendance, stimulate revenue, and diversify audiences and customer/client base. Ensure that messages are clear, compelling, consistent, and effective.
- Develop and execute market research strategies to strengthen current audience participation, grow Human Option's audiences, membership community, and donor base, and refine the understanding of the organization's audiences.
- Support 40th Anniversary campaign through correlating marketing strategy to support fundraising efforts
- Support the conceptualization and implementation of a grassroots social movement to ignite social change around relationship violence
- Oversee community education program to ensure brand awareness, consistency, and community engagement, measured by the number of community partnerships/presentations, increased engagement in social media, and survey outcomes
- Establish community partnerships to drive education and outreach for violence prevention education and awareness
- Hire, train, and supervise Community Educators on best practices in various educational techniques and group facilitation
- Ensure excellence in service for Human Options Prevention and Education programming through accountability, productivity, and recognition.
- Support the development of prevention and education promotional strategies for a variety of outreach and engagement events, including Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, Elder Abuse Awareness and other local and nationally recognized campaigns
ADA Job Characteristics:
The work environment is primarily in an office setting. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.