$18-20 an hour
$500 Signing Bonus, FULL BENEFITS
- Signing Bonus for new Employees
- $250 after 3 months of employment
- Additional $250 to be paid out after 6 months of employment
- Discount on Early Childhood Center
- Family Membership to the J!
- Discounts for Summer Camps
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent experiences in health & wellness, early childhood and adult education, sports and recreation, camping, Jewish and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits, including a complimentary membership! The Js commitment to diversity and equity is ongoing, and our culture is warm and inclusive of all, regardless of faith. Employees are safe being who they are at work. We invite you to be a part of our amazing team and community.
Under the supervision of the Director, Building and Grounds and or Senior Director, Facilities, responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment, grounds, buildings, and structures, for the direction of the work of the general building trades craftsmen, and for the direction of open job work orders.
- Assign, direct, coordinate and be responsible for the work of all employees, either directly or through the lead employees as the case may require.
- Establish standards and program for maintenance of buildings and structures.
- Establish working schedules and be responsible for direction of work in the execution of maintenance and modernization programs.
- Supervise repairs, replacements, additions, and alterations of physical plant and departmental equipment when executed by employees and/or outside contractors.
- Be responsible for operation of physical plant and departmental equipment when executed by employees.
- Prepare and maintain service drawings and maps.
- Prepare estimates and budgets.
- Maintain written records.
- Act as Operation Supervisor when necessary, overseeing room set up and custodial duties.
- Be responsible for reports on purchases, deliveries, maintenance, and expenditures.
- Issue requisitions and work orders.
- Cooperate with other divisions of the Building and Grounds staff.
- Follow up all phases of departmental work as assigned.
- Schedule proper routine building maintenance.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Director, Building and Grounds or Senior Director, Facilities.