Shift4 Payments (NYSE: FOUR) is a leading provider of integrated payment processing and technology solutions, delivering a complete omnichannel ecosystem that extends beyond payments to include a wide range of value-added services. The company’s technologies help power over 350 software providers in numerous industries, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. With over 7,000 sales partners, the company securely processed more than 3.5 billion transactions annually for over 200,000 businesses in 2019. For more information, visit shift4.com.
The QA Engineer is responsible for creating, executing, and documenting testing scenarios and testing results that demonstrate the product meets its expected acceptance criteria and is free of significant defects. In order to achieve this, the QA Engineer is expected to take part in developing test strategies, participating in requirements discussions to determine quality assurance parameters, and proactively carrying out testing procedures.
The Lighthouse QA team is responsible for the quality of the Lighthouse BMS and may halt the release of a software version if there is significant lack of confidence for the version. The QA team should proactively communicate test results to the Product Owner, the Development Manager, and the Tech Lead during acceptance and regression testing, and provide feedback on defects and level of confidence prior to the release of a product version.
- Developing testing strategies for larger sprint tasks that outline, estimate, and prioritize testing efforts and identify testing risks;
- Creating manual and automated test cases for sprint tasks based on functional requirements provided by the product team to improve the quality and ease of testing;
- Conducting thorough manual testing, including blackbox functional, regression, and integration testing;
- Implementing automated tests for the Lighthouse;
- Maintaining a sophisticated manual and automated regression test suite for the Lighthouse;
- Communicating proactively with the product and development teams to provide feedback on acceptance criteria, product stability, and functionality.
Expected Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- 2 years minimum working experience as a QA Engineer on web or mobile applications;
- Domain knowledge, project familiarity, or related industry experience is a benefit.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies: Functional Testing; System Testing; Acceptance Testing; User Acceptance Testing (UAT); Non-Functional Testing.
- Understanding of software testing techniques: User Story Testing; Use Case Testing; Checklist Based Testing; Exploratory Testing; Experience-Based Testing; User Journey Test; Risk-Based Testing.
- Database management tool (such as pgAdmin)
- API testing (such as Postman)
- Understanding of differences between application domains (backend vs. frontend) and components at a basic level;
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and how QA processes fit into the Agile philosophy;
- Working proficiency in the English language.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.