Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 350+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With over 8,000 sales partners across the country, the company securely processes more than 3.5 billion transactions annually for over 200,000 businesses, representing over $200 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
As a Chargeback Analyst, you will investigate cardholder dispute claims, coordinate funds recovery with merchants, and resolve claims in accordance with Federal Regulations and card network rules. The Chargeback Analyst is an integral part of a high functioning team that promotes the conciliation and/or arbitration to resolve disputes and negotiations between consumers and the business. You will participate in risk initiatives, monitor fraud trends, and focus on financial recovery efforts in order to maintain reputational standing. This job description only constitutes a summary of the responsibilities due to the expanding nature of the company, the department often requires changing roles and additional responsibilities.
- Builds strong rapport with merchants by utilizing interpersonal skills, asking clarifying questions and anticipating needs
- Conduct analysis and process dispute claims in accordance with network operating regulations and internal service level time-frames
- Document all case interactions in the appropriate databases by recording highly detailed and relevant notes for each account.
- Interact with our Merchants and Independent Sales Representatives by phone and email
- Monitor disputed transactions for possible fraudulent activity
- Analyze disputed transactions to determine the appropriate response and documentation requirements
- Educate merchants on processing guidelines and security measures
- Analyst must ensure that chargeback information and documentation sent to the card brands are complete and without error.
- Analysts are expected to work efficiently to meet goals, cross train in other areas of the business, and provide exceptional support
- Must adapt to changing policies and stay current with card brand dispute guidelines to ensure all cases are handled appropriately
- Notifies manager of trends or concerns
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management
- Mature minded individual, College or equivalent preferred
- Individual should possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required
- Ability to work on the phone with a friendly and professional attitude
- Attention to detail and accuracy when reviewing information
- At least a year of experience in an office environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills required
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic math skills required
- Risk, Chargeback and/or Banking experience is preferred, but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred, but not required
- Prior call center experience a plus, but not required
We are looking for individuals that are driven, extremely self-sufficient, highly motivated and hold themselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, knowledge and references. This position requires employees to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This job description only constitutes a summary of the responsibilities for this position at Shift4 Payments, LLC. The expanding nature of Shift4 Payments, LLC often requires changing roles and additional responsibilities