Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As a Quality Assurance Technician, youll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
What youll do
- Pre-operational inspection of production plant and equipment and completion or related documentation
- Monitor processes to ensure that food safety and quality expectations are met
- Monitor production employees adherence to standards and food safety guidelines including hand washing, GMPs, PPE usage, and Safety
- Perform inbound ingredient quality inspections ensuring all inbound ingredients meet set quality expectations, and rejecting non-compliant ingredients
- Inspect WIP prior to start of production, removing product that does not meet quality standards, and communicating non-compliant product to Inventory Control and Production Leadership
- Perform quality tests during production to identify and correct any work in progress issues.
- Verifying accuracy of measurement equipment such as; metal detector, scales, thermometers
- Verify kit components, finished product quality, net weights, quality review of product and packaging integrity, and production yields as required
- Monitor product returns and holds
- Notify QA leadership of any product or condition found to be out of compliance
- Responsible for maintaining records as assigned
- Responsible for completing documentation, as assigned, following proper documentation protocols
- Utilize technology for electronic records and communication as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- Basic knowledge of GMP's, Food Safety, and Safety requirements.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to adjust to a flexible schedule
- Must be able to work with little supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative and focused team
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Basic organizational and analytical skills with a high degree of initiative, sense of urgency, and flexibility
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in a refrigerated production environment (36 38 degrees)
- Ability to speak Spanish desirable
What youll gain
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program