The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Center for Health Equity and Community Wellness (CHECW) at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene aims to eliminate racial inequities resulting in premature mortality, with a focus on chronic disease, by addressing the social and environmental factors that impact health.
The Bureau of Equitable Health Systems (BEHS) within the Division of CHECW engages primary care providers and other healthcare organizations to improve equity in healthcare delivery at the individual, organizational and health system levels by implementing evidence-based strategies, leveraging data to support planning and technical assistance for providers and payers and advancing policies to close the racial equity gaps in priority health outcomes through NYC REACH. To learn more about NYC REACH, visit www.nycreach.org.
BEHS is seeking a SQL Server Developer to maintain BEHS’s data warehouse and support programmatic reporting and analytics for the Bureau. The bureau leverages a variety of data sources that help the bureau to inform programs and policies to reduce inequities in health care delivery, disease prevention and disease management, particularly in the primary care setting. You will analyze BEHS’s data bank, perform data mapping and develop/maintain data load packages and extract, transfer and load (ETL) processes to support BEHS’s data warehouse.
This is a highly collaborative role that will involve working with stakeholders across different teams as much as coding.
- Design, build, and test automated data integrations with third party platforms using ETL processes
- Perform SQL database development, leveraging strong knowledge of DB design
- Develop scheduled and ad hoc reports using SQL and reporting tools such as SSRS and Tableau
- Maintain data integrity and database performance for all initiatives
- Promote and maintain excellent documentation of data warehouse policies and procedures
- Perform data needs assessment with other teams, and make and implement recommendations
- Develop strong internal cross functional relationships, with openness to collaboration and feedback
- Manage external vendor relationships and coordinate with DOHMH IT as needed for security and maintenance purposes