- Must be able to jump out of a bus (3-foot drop) and climb from emergency door.
- Have the ability to walk forward and backward in the bus without assistance.
- You will be tested on emergency evacuation procedures.
Activity: Pre-and Post-trip inspection of the bus, loading and unloading of students.
Longest Single Duration: 10 Minutes.
Terrain: Gravel/blacktop/Concrete and/or bus aisle 22 steps to the back of the bus. Bus aisle is 12 wide.
Total Time: 3-7 hours.
Activity: While driving bus.
Longest Single Duration: 2 hours.
Type of Seat: 17 x 17 bus seat that offers vibrations. Seat set back 40 from the accelerator and break. Seat will adjust 12 before steering Colum.
Activity: Must lift wheelchair dependent children during emergency situations (50 lbs.).
Activity: Grasping wheelchair handles
Frequency: 6 to 8 times per day (more frequent on handicap buses)
Handle Height: 30 to 42 inches
Handle Distance: Body width plus area for walking
Securement of parking brake, wheelchair, lap belt etc.
Bending or stooping:
Activity: For pre-post trip inspection purposes. Employee must negotiate body level changes i.e. bending and stooping, to inspect bus, securement of wheelchair, lap belt and other safety restraints.
Activity: Climbing in and out of the bus.
Frequency: 6 to 8 times per day. More frequent if on handicap bus.
Note: Three 12 steps each approximately.
Activity: To turn on ignition 18" from steering wheel.
Operate left side control panel, emergency exits and service door. Operate lights - 18" forward reach. Operate radio - overhead reach to 45" from top of seat.
Activity: Must distinguish colors of electric traffic signals to determine red, yellow, and green.
Visual sight must be maintained with currently State and Federal requirements
Required Education and Experience
- Must possess and be able to maintain from their state of residence at least a valid B Commercial Driver's License and must be able to obtain and possess their P&S endorsements.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of hire.
- Must pass the physical examination for drivers as prescribed in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations which is required to carried while operating any commercial vehicle dispatched by DS Bus Lines Inc. If an applicant has a current USDOT medical card as outlined by FMCSR the applicant is required to provide DS Bus Lines the full long-form documentation.
- Must pass a drug screen/ alcohol screen and submit to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable cause drug testing as required or requested. The pre-employment drug screen test will be conducted by a pre-authorized USDOT Federal lab contracted by DS Bus Lines, Inc. to meet all USDOT drug testing requirements.
- Must complete 36 to 40 hours of training including classroom and defensive driving tests.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have proper Immigration and Naturalization Services work permits.
- Must meet minimum Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Federal, state and insurance carrier criteria up to and including:
- Any DWI, DUI, revocation and/ or suspension on your MVR within the last ten (10) years
- Any or a combination of three offenses listed, within the last two years, will prevent the hiring of a driver. Examples: 3 moving violations; 2 moving violations and 1 preventable accident; 1 moving violation and 2 preventable accidents
- Must be willing to submit, or have a felony criminal record check.