PFSbrands, a 100% employee owned company, headquartered in central Missouri, is the parent company of foodservice brands-- Champs Chicken®, Coopers Express® and BluTaco. These three turn-key hot food programs along with several other of the companys recognizable private-label brands can be found in the delis of nearly 1,300 convenience stores and supermarkets across 38+ states. PFSbrands has been named by INC. Magazine as one of the Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the USA for 9 consecutive years. The impetus behind PFSbrands continuous, rapid growth is a culture that thrives on making its retailers successful. To do so, its retail partners are provided unparalleled levels of professional support by a dedicated and enthusiastic company staff and through generous programs, well-honed processes and delicious products. This approach has turned the companys brands into two of Americas leading prepared food programs. Learn more about us at: www.PFSbrands.com .
BUSINESS ADVISOR OPPORTUNITY
Currently, we are seeking a well-qualified foodservice professional to join our national Business Advisor (BA) team covering the Rapid City, SD area. This role is responsible for sharing advice and crucial operational information with owners and managers of the retail partners and their deli team in convenience stores and supermarkets. BAs are thoroughly trained and armed with the skills and tools the stores need to operate successful hot food programs.
Once a newly sold account is handed off to a BA, he or she will assist the retailer through their opening process and fully train the deli staff on all aspects of operating a thriving and profitable hot food program. Post opening, the BA visits assigned retailers frequently throughout the year for further consultation and retrainings as needed. In between visits, BAs communicate regularly with their retailers by phone and e-mail to relay new information, answer questions and keep them on an upward track. The BA also works closely with the foodservice wholesalers that distribute the companys high quality products to its valued retailers. It is essential that this person has a demonstrated passion for providing excellent care, advice and support in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Territory: Rapid City, SD area
Compensation: Base salary with excellent performance-based incentives
Required education: College degree or comparable work experience
Required experience: 3+ years restaurant operations/management or food service sales experience desired
Other requirement: Valid driving license and safe driving record
Travel: Some overnight travel is required
Business Advisors are primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining positive business relationships with customers executing PFSbrands foodservice programs within their assigned geographic territory. This Field Operations support role leverages foodservice operations expertise, hands-on training, and marketing/promotional resources to assist our branded retailers in continually growing sales and improving profitability within their foodservice operations.
- As their primary contact and representative of PFSbrands, cultivate favorable business relationships with PFSbrands retail partners store level employees, management, and ownership.
- Responsible for achievement of Scorecard goals for overall Territory Sales Growth, New Store Openings, Same Store Sales, Account Retention, and Retailer Satisfaction Scores (NPS).
- Lead new account pre-opening process and execute successful new store openings within your territory. Work closely with Regional Training Specialist and Corporate Trainer to support new store openings as needed/per demand.
- Effectively utilize internal resources to support your PFSbrands retail partners accordingly; including our in-house Customer Success, Marketing, IT, and Print Shop teams.
- Conduct frequent, high-impact field visits with existing retail customers per PFSbrands guidelines and defined VALUE Report/Store Visit SOPs.
- Develop and maintain detailed action plans and provide material support to correct operational deficiencies that may be adversely affecting the sales/profitability of our retail partners.
- Develop and maintain annual marketing plans to maximize usage and effectiveness of retailers Marketing Development Funds (MDF) to drive sales growth.
- Coordinate and conduct ongoing re-trainings of existing PFSbrands retail partners to advance education on products, procedures, customer service, and other best practices to drive consistency and operational excellence.
- Work closely with Business Development partner(s) within your territory to support lead development activity and the sale of new PFSbrands accounts within your territory.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A SINCERE commitment to PFS Core Values, and desire to lead and help other individuals develop themselves personally and professionally.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently 95% of time, with leadership 5% of the time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leader, personnel motivator.
- Strong work ethic
- Service-oriented; always focused on customer needs first.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of people from owners to hourly employees to achieve business results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technological skill sets to include use of word, excel, PowerPoint, CRM, Share Point, Web-X and other software as required.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- A positive attitude, always.
- Ability to travel overnight as required, 8-14 nights per month estimated.
- Ability to manage high automobile drive time expectations, 3K-5K miles/month.
- Persistent in nature, follow-up is a must.
- A likeable personality.
Benefit Package: Company car, paid business travel expenses, paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage; long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)