By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
This position is responsible for the production of Animal free cell paste by means of various types of bioreactor/fermentation systems. Work in a highly regulated, GMP, cleanroom environment. Generate cell banks, performs small- and large-scale fermentation for protein production. Analyze productivity as required, based on SDS PAGE Gels, bioassay results and Western blots. Provide documentation of performed tasks and assists in establishing written procedures to accurately document production of protein. Assist with the purification and final bottling of products as time allows.This position will be required to work a Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs shift.
- Fermentation of E.coli products.
- Assist protein purification and fill/finish labs.
- Cleans, validates equipment and procedures, and ensures the lab is ready for internal and external audits.
- Revises specifications, SOP’s and documents as needed, and submits to manager for review.
- Ensures chemicals, stock buffers, and equipment calibration are up to date. Submits orders to restock chemicals, raw materials, and consumables when needed.
- Requires continuous supervision and monitoring.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outline in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.