$16-18 per hour
$250 Signing Bonus and FREE Gym Membership!
- For new Employees
- $250 after 3 month of employment
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent experiences in health & wellness, early childhood and adult education, sports and recreation, camping, Jewish and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits, including a complimentary membership! The Js commitment to diversity and equity is ongoing, and our culture is warm and inclusive of all, regardless of faith. Employees are safe being who they are at work. We invite you to be a part of our amazing team and community.
Position provides administrative support to the Food Service Department as well as to the Sr. Director Facilities.
- Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers. Answer customer inquiries about Food Service programs and services, typically via email and telephone.
- Answer incoming calls and voicemails to the department promptly: log all calls and voicemails, delegate calls to appropriate team members, escalate calls as necessary, etc. Answer as many calls as possible to minimize those that go to voicemail.
- Following Accounting Department procedures, invoice customers for Food Service services. Prepare interdepartmental line transfer/charges at month end and submit to Accounting. Process incoming payments and reimbursements, and along with deposit form, submit to Accounting.
- Review department P and L statement to ensure all credits submitted for Food Service charges are on the statement.
- Process purchase orders to pay vendors in a timely fashion to prevent any late charges to the J.
- Manage petty cash for the department on a daily basis. Maintain appropriate records; prepare deposits and place in the drop safe at end of day; pick up on a daily basis from Accounting for use that day.
- Prepare final copies of menus, working with Food Service Managers, on appropriate forms for submittal. Submit menus to AA for review and approval quarterly. Send menus to designated recipients (AA, ADC, ECC, Covenant House, Food Service Department staff, Marketing Department for J website, Jewish Light, Jewish in St Louis website, etc.) according to identified schedule which may be weekly, monthly or quarterly.
- Keep files, statistics, and records for the department utilizing Excel, including but not limited to: Early Childhood Center, Adult Day Center, Home Delivered Meals, Food Pantry, and Catering. Prepare and send reports; maintain ECC, ADJ and HD records to prepare monthly departmental billings.
- Become proficient with NAPIS software program and serve as back up staff person for AA data entry into NAPIS.
- Update and or enter new information into CostGuard software program quarterly or as needed.
- Manage office supply inventory and coordinate orders with Accounting.
- Coordinate with Marketing for all print orders.
- Compile and prepare departmental hourly payroll, following agency guidelines, twice per month for supervisors approval. Working with Payroll Coordinator, track Food Service employees sick, vacation, and holiday hours.
- Monitor delivery door for Food Service deliveries, outside caterers and staff via desktop monitor and intercom; instruct usage of front door or unlock delivery door as appropriate.
- Pick up and distribute department mail.
- Prepare reports, memos, needed materials, and agendas and follow up/assist on current and future projects and special programs. Using available software applications develop reports to facilitate current and future work.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.