Job Title: Graphic Design Manager
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Creative Director
Status: Regular, Full-time, Exempt (Professional Exemption)
The Graphic Design Manager realizes a broad range of visual projects to support the organization’s marketing and communications needs in addition to internal clients from a variety of departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the organization through leadership of creative design in all relevant projects.
- Develop print materials, including brochures, inserts, calendars, postcards, signage, large posters, and other merchandising materials
- Lead design and management of the monthly printed program booklet. Includes layouts, design, organization, coordination with advertisers, and budget management.
- Oversee digitally based design projects including video project management and execution, GIFs, etc.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Director, Marketing Director, and Chief Marketing Officer on concepts for each campaign and advise on photography, videography, and print relationships to best serve the projects.
- Oversee design and logistics for projects related to traditional advertising
- Maintain the Houston Symphony brand identity, ensuring consistency across all materials while constantly evaluating modernizing and optimizing all creative products.
- Schedule, delegate, and prioritize graphic design projects for the design department. Includes management of Junior Designer and freelance designers.
- Project manage jobs from start to finish, including print bids, production, and printing oversight
- Unify the quality and consistency of communications
- Work collaboratively with members of the marketing team as well as other departments
- Work concert duty as required. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- Perform additional duties as required by the Houston Symphony