Interested in joining a winning team? Start your career in beer with High Country Beverage!
HCB is always looking for great employees to share in our passion for excellence! Our team oriented culture and can-do attitude provide the perfect platform for individual growth opportunities in delivery, sales, marketing, warehouse, and administration.
Our Culture / Our Mission:
HCB’s goal is to be the best distributor in the country. We provide our customers with superior service compared to our competition. We maintain the quality of our products at the highest standards possible. HCB provides a safe and ideal work environment for our employees that generate pride in their work and sets goals for personal improvement. HCB is a fast-paced company that's always looking for ways to improve customer and employee satisfaction. Our employees take pride in being the #1 beer distributor in Northern Colorado, with top selling brands like, Coors Light, New Belgium, Samuel Adams, Guinness and Corona.
This position is the primary point of contact and advocate for High Country Beverage and our Wine and Spirits suppliers. The Wine and Spirits Brand Manager is responsible for generating revenue by achieving distribution and sales goals for HCB. This position is responsible for managing and executing the annual business plan to include sales and distribution goals as well as retail activation and execution of both HCB sales divisions which relate to their assigned suppliers.
• Accountable for assigned supplier P&L statements to ensure both HCB divisions and supplier goals are achieved for sales volume, distribution, profit, and revenue. Ensure that budgets and annual business plans are managed and maximized to reach our collective goals.
• Develop and clearly communicate effective Business Plans for all assigned suppliers with assistance from the Division Marketing Manager to sales managers and sales force.
• Ensure product forecasting and inventory for Wine and Spirits is accurate and proper inventory levels are maintained at all locations. Assist the Product Supply Team to forecast new product volume. Also take action to address slow moving packages and implement an appropriate exit strategy quickly.
• Develop and clearly communicate new product launch plans with assigned supplier reps and HCB sales force.
• Develop and clearly communicate a knowledge-training program and implement to all HCB employees on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Manage POS orders to meet brand and market needs while following HCB POS budget plan. Monitor POS timing and use at retail to ensure assigned supplier and HCB budgets are used to maximum effectiveness.
• Develop and clearly communicate marketing plans to include media and special events for assigned supplier’s products in concert with the HCB/Supplier Business plans and budgets. Assist in the set up and tear down of special events.
• Work with assigned Suppliers and HCB Sales force at retail to gain targeted distribution, and to evaluate the execution of programs throughout the year to ensure we are hitting our execution goals.
• Strategically analyze pricing of assigned brands to enhance our long-term brand equities, as well as the profitability of HCB and our retail partners. Analyzes potential margin changes due to various supplier pricing scenarios including quantity discounts.
• Identify and prioritize retail opportunities based on account potential by channel, segment, and consumer demographics. Work with our sales team at retail to close out these opportunities.
• Analyze and evaluate sales, distribution, and retail execution data and communicate the results to the appropriate company personnel and/or supplier representatives.
• Ensure that all assigned HCB products are represented at retail in line with the supplier’s Retail Standards.
• Develop and maintain a close working relationship with key retailers in all segments and channels.
• Communicates assigned supplier’s Quality Assurance Standards to all HCB personnel and represents assigned suppliers as an advocate for Quality Assurance.
• Understands and complies with all local, state and federal regulations along with all HCB policies and procedures.
• Completes monthly reports, vehicle mileage reports and special assignments at the request of the Director of Marketing or President of High Country Beverage. Submits all required reports neat and on time.
• Ensures compliance with all company policies, practices, procedures, and controls, applicable to his/her primary function.
• Must bring energy and enthusiasm to this role. Must be aggressive and be a self-starter. Willing to help other team members and lead the way through training and product knowledge.
This position will be required to operate the HCB computer system to be able to produce any type of sales report and tracking information needed. In addition, this position must be able to operate IPad and Smart phone sales applications and the shelf management system. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) also required.
This position is considered a leader in the HCB organization. As such, the Wine and Spirits Manager will always maintain a professional appearance and attitude. Position will be asked to perform duties “above and beyond the normal” from time to time and expected to cheerfully perform such duties. Position expected to be a positive role model for other HCB employees.
Specialty Brand Manager, Northern Colorado
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.