The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Integrity: We are trustworthy, reliable, respectful, and accountable.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with others, seeking to understand and be understood, and finding common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Courage: We take personal responsibility and face challenges head-on.
- Service: Through professionalism and dedication, we honor our commitment to serve others and our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Relevant work experience can be considered as a substitution for academic requirements.
- Experience in a health care environment or related field is preferred.
- Experience in sales and marketing, customer service, and public speaking is strongly preferred.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and access to an insured automobile or the ability to arrive and depart from work and work-related functions at expected times.
- Travel is essential to this position; consequently, the employee must be prepared to travel by automobile and airplane.
Based on considerations of various state requirements within our service area, Organ Procurement Organization industry practices, our hospital and community partner requirements, and our commitment to the safety of our people and communities, LifeCenter Northwest has made the decision to require members of our workforce to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 18, 2021.
Proof of vaccination, or applicable medical or religious exemption will be required as a condition of employment upon offer. For those that need to complete the vaccination series, start dates will be adjusted.
LifeCenter Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.