**A $1,500 retention bonus is available for those hired full-time into this position.**
Lakewood Health System is currently seeking a Full-time MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST or a MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN.
The Medical Laboratory Scientist performs and analyzes requested laboratory procedures and determines the validity of laboratory results and provides technical assistance as requested from other hospital staff members. Assists with all duties and responsibilities assigned to the laboratory and reports to the Laboratory Manager.
An LHS employee supports the mission and goals of Lakewood Health System through personal and professional conduct including concern demonstrated for all people served, regardless of age, race diagnosis or economic background. Is an active member of the Lakewood Health System team by contribution of ideas, suggestions, regular work, attendance, punctuality, adherence to Lakewood Health System rules, policies and patient confidentiality. Abides by and supports Lakewood Health System’s Employee Standards of Behavioral Excellence.
- Performs routine and special tests in all areas of the laboratory. Testing is performed in accordance with written laboratory procedures and on acceptable specimens.
- Reports test results in a timely manner and all critical values are phoned to the physician or his/her designee.
- Performs and monitors quality control in all areas of the testing areas following established policies and procedures. Investigates all out-of-control QC data and documents corrective action. Notifies the Laboratory Manager of all quality control problems so further investigation can be performed if indicated.
- Performs and documents maintenance and calibration according to manufacturers guidelines and laboratory protocol.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Laboratory Manager