AGY (www.agy.com in Aiken, SC) is a world leader in high performance materials used in a range of markets including Electronics, Thermoplastics, Industrial, Aerospace, Recreation / Consumer and Defense with a focus on making our customers’ products lighter, faster and stronger.
High performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements provide our customers with six vital enhanced properties: strength, impact resistance, stiffness, temperature resistance, fatigue resistance and electromagnetic transparency.
With a product portfolio developed for extreme performance utilizing a set of unique manufacturing platforms AGY provides tailored materials solutions to end-use customers for the most demanding applications worldwide.
AGY’s Research and Development Team is in need of an Chemist or Chemical Engineer interested in improving and developing new glass fiber coatings, see links Sizing, Sizing2.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Formulate and optimize coatings that enhance the performance of glass fibers.
- Design and conduct experimental trials that result in new products and/or improve the quality of current product offerings.
- Gather, analyze, organize, and present testing data.
- Author and review formulation related documentation and operating procedures.
- Track performance of recently launched products as they transition to manufacturing.
- Help resolve quality concerns for product related issues.
- Support process and safety directives in the manufacturing area.