Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and foodservice customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As an Accounting Representative, youll earn not only a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within. Previous Accounts Receivable Specialists have gone on to various positions, including Level 2 - Dual AP/AR, Level 3 Dual AP/AR plus reporting, Staff Accountant, and more.
General Description: This position is a high-volume accounting department process daily receiving material, payables invoices, and purchase order information. Also processes customer payments and credits, reviews customer accounts weekly for compliance with credit terms, communicates with customers and sales regarding past due accounts, makes collections calls as necessary. This position is responsible for interacting with customers and sales to resolve payment issues.
What you'll do...
- Process and apply incoming payments for account customers on a daily basis.
- Process weekly customer account statements, including printing and mailing.
- Proceed with collections of past due accounts, including calling, writing, emailing, or faxing the customer with collections concerns.
- Provide customer service to payment questions and issues.
- Report on uncollected accounts to the Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Assist in other accounting, filing, and clerical jobs as needed.
What were looking for...
- High School diploma or GED. College degree preferred
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of PC and MS Office (with emphasis on Excel)
- 2+ years of payables, collections, or receivables experience is necessary
- Knowledge of automated accounting software
- Knowledge of current credit laws is mandatory
- Attention to detail
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit-sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program
If this sounds like your kind of job, please submit a resume and cover letter. We'd love to hear from you!