The relationship manager is responsible for helping Bankers Bank of Kansas (BBOK) meet its business goals by retaining and expanding current relationships and gaining new relationships. This will be accomplished by maintaining a broad understanding of each customer bank and their current product and service usage, as well as their future needs. The relationship manager will be the primary point of contact for assigned banks; as such, he/she will be expected to build strong relationships with customers by demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, knowledge and credibility.
Compensation is base plus commission.
- Acquire and maintain in-depth product and pricing knowledge across all of the banks lines of business
- Stay abreast of trends in the banking industry and competitor offerings
- Provide an excellent customer experience for customers by offering a high level of service and being a trusted advisor
- Collaborate with various departments to identify prospects and implement marketing strategies
- Take a lead role in the sales process including participating in demos, contract and proposal negotiations, and the closing process.
- Establish and effectively manage a short, mid and long-term sales pipeline to track business opportunities and achieve sales and revenue targets in conjunction with department goals
- Ensure a seamless transition to the appropriate department or subject matter expert and periodically monitor customer satisfaction
- Keep effective calling notes
- Attend relevant banking events, conferences and tradeshows to maintain visibility, share knowledge and identify prospects
- Maintain knowledge of and be in compliance with all rules and regulations as appropriate, including but not limited to GLBA and safeguarding customer information
- Other duties as assigned