$16-18 an hour
$500 Signing Bonus, FULL BENEFITS
- Signing Bonus for new Employees
- $250 after 3 months of employment
- Additional $250 to be paid out after 6 months of employment
- Discount on Early Childhood Center
- Family Membership to the J!
- Discounts for Summer Camps
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent experiences in health & wellness, early childhood and adult education, sports and recreation, camping, Jewish and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits, including a complimentary membership! The Js commitment to diversity and equity is ongoing, and our culture is warm and inclusive of all, regardless of faith. Employees are safe being who they are at work. We invite you to be a part of our amazing team and community.
Under supervision of the Maintenance III Supervisor, be responsible for directing the work of employees and building trades craftsmen, for the maintenance and repair of equipment, grounds, buildings, and structures and for the direction of open job work orders. Depending on schedule, this role is the acting supervisor on duty in the absence of the Maintenance III Supervisor.
- Assign, direct, coordinate and be responsible for the work of all employees, either directly or through lead employees as the case may require.
- Supervise repairs, replacements, additions and alterations of physical plant, grounds, and departmental equipment when executed by employees and/or outside contractors.
- Responsible for operations of physical plant, grounds, and departmental equipment when executed by employees.
- Schedule routine building maintenance as directed.
- Prepare reports on purchases, deliveries, maintenance, and expenditures according to Agency and Departmental procedures. Prepare estimates as requested.
- Issue requisitions and work orders as well as assign and schedule work orders. Follow up to ensure work order completion.
- Work cooperatively with other divisions of Building and Grounds staff. Provide supervision, as necessary.
- Act as Operations Supervisor when necessary, overseeing and performing room set up and custodial duties.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.