This position is responsible to support operational performance through integration and appropriate use of data throughout the information life cycle to support improved quality of care, population health management and process efficiency. Supports system through the creation of clinical data reporting as the system expert in SQL. Support cross-department initiatives as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for clinical data. Provides consultation and coordination of clinical information systems and processes that integrate clinical and information science for patient centered care. Oversees the management of Health Information Management (HIM) and data analytics. Expert in SQL with active
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Leads data analytics team, develops SQL reporting, and ensures clinical reporting meets needs across the system
- Implement and oversee decision-making process for clinical information standards and processes
- Partner with leadership to advise on data integration strategies, particularly regarding clinical data sources and clinical systems integration
- Develops and implements population health data management strategy and activities, including, population assessment, risk stratification, and recommendations for improvement. In partnership with Director of Performance Improvement, oversees clinical application of population stratification models
- Collaborate with and assist teams with clinical workflow integration of information and change management needed to successfully utilize information systems
- Work collaboratively across system, including data analytics, HIM, information systems and technology, and operational teams as needed to meet goals
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of EHR and HIT use across multiple service lines, domains, care settings, and environments
- Supports defined operational and processes in daily prioritization, decision making, and change management as it relates to clinical data
- Manages the Health Information Management processes and team members
- 5+ years in clinical informatics setting
- Knowledge of EHR principles and Health Information Management processes
- Expertise in HIPAA security and privacy, acts as systems Privacy Officer
- Experience with project management techniques and practical project management skills
- Proven ability to lead staff toward both tactical and strategic goals
- Experience defining and implementing quality improvement processes
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously under minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Primary environment is home office, administrative office, or clinical office. This role requires regular walking. This role may come into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
Who We Are
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Our patients predominantly identify as people of color (80%), low-wealth (61% patients = 200% FPL), and un/under-insured (40% uninsured, 45% publicly insured) (UDS, 2020).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minnesota Community Care values building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities it serves, and strongly encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. Minnesota Community Care is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.