Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with the ability to exercise and model good judgment
- Able to solve problems by being resourceful and using creativity to assist women with removing barriers
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with effective record keeping
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, set and meet goals and deadlines
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Current valid California state drivers license, insurance, and vehicle with good driving record
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
Downtown Womens Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organizations effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status, medical condition, geography, socio-economic status, and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Downtown Womens Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.