Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN), Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Counseling, Human Services, OR a license as a vocational nurse (LVN).
- Experience in a nonprofit environment and specific training/experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals who may not share basic commonalities, including value systems and behavior norms.
- Ability to provide service to individuals with diverse economic, social, racial, and cultural backgrounds
- Interviewing and crisis management techniques
- Psychosocial and mental health factors affecting quality of life
- Data management;
- HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, and substance use disorders
- Health education principles and program evaluation.
- Identify and implement outreach and engagement strategies
- Respond effectively to client crisis situations
- Interview and assess needs of clients
- Develop individual service plans aimed toward resolving client needs
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Work well under tight deadlines
- Coordinate multiple tasks
- Learn specific systems quickly and thoroughly
- Communicate effectively with a diverse population;
- Identify and update community resources;
- Proofread, edit and format written materials;
- Conduct group presentations, operate standard office equipment including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and meet assigned deadlines.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes. This position will be required to work in the field and in the office when providing linkage to care services.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.