Student interns assist by supporting agency mission and values at Four Oaks. Through internship opportunities at Four Oaks, students gain practical experiences in a diverse & inclusive environment. Experiences will assist students with transitioning into young professionals; along with completing degree program requirements.
- Assist program with consistent, ongoing, and timely supervision for basic client needs.
- Provide help with homework, recreational activities, reading, hobbies and computer skills.
- Participate in diverse, therapeutic groups and maintain therapeutic relationships with clients at all times.
- Attend inter-disciplinary meetings to review case progress and provide the best care for clients.
- Become familiar with individualized case plans as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Understands impact of client’s behaviors and their own interactions.
- Learns and utilizes a proactive/preventative method of intercepting problems to neutralize situations before they escalate, and involve primary staff whenever necessary.
- Creates or conducts an educational project that better serves clients in care, efficiencies in program or organization in client files, assignments or daily tracking.