Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity, and respect.
This position is 40 hours per week on site, in our Shelton, CT administrative team office, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Position Summary: The Grant Writer supports fundraising efforts by preparing and writing grant proposals and reports, conducting prospect research, and coordinating fundraising strategies.
- Write, edit, and format grant proposals, nonprofit reports and other funding correspondence - both independently and in collaboration with program managers. Must have comprehensive understanding of programs and be able to extract information from previous proposals to meet specific funder requirements. Must work quickly and be able to produce a polished piece of work needing little editing.
- Make donors feel the importance and urgency of the issue at hand. Craft a narrative that is both informative and emotional while telling a story. Connect the dots between community need, grant activities and measurable outcomes that create impact.
- Conduct prospect and demographic research in line with the RNPs mission and needs.
- Generate financial information, including budgets and financial reports, for proposals and reports, in collaboration with program and financial staff.
- Track grants and due dates and maintain electronic and hard copy nonprofit files.
- Other tasks as assigned