Job Title: Intern-Technology
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Sr. Director of IT and Data Analytics
Status: Temporary, Part-time, Hourly
This position will assist and backup the Sr. Director of IT and Data Analytics and the IT Team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Active Directory maintenance, Mac OS X, Google Collaboration Apps.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person, over the phone or by remote access.
- Write training manuals.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for computer users seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk computer user through problem-solving process.
- Follow up with computer users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Perform additional duties as required by the Houston Symphony Society.