FREE Gym Membership!
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent experiences in health & wellness, early childhood and adult education, sports and recreation, camping, Jewish and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits, including a complimentary membership! The Js commitment to diversity and equity is ongoing, and our culture is warm and inclusive of all, regardless of faith. Employees are safe being who they are at work. We invite you to be a part of our amazing team and community.
Sunday Friendship Group provides an opportunity for adults with developmental disabilities to come together either at the Jewish Community Center or at an off campus location to socialize and make new friends two Sundays each month.
- Collaborate with Inclusion Specialist to plan and arrange two events each month. This should be done with enough advance notice for marketing to take place.
- Responsible for any necessary preparations such as purchasing food, games, or activity supplies.
- Communicate with Inclusion Specialist regarding transportation, volunteer, and reservation needs.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the event to set up or prepare for participant arrival.
- Check in participants and collect payment if necessary.
- Discuss expectations with participants prior to the start of the event.
- Communicate expectations with volunteers prior to the start of the event.
- Supervise participants and provide support according to their needs.
- Oversee and coordinate volunteer staff in their responsibilities during the event.
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians/participants and proactively address their concerns. Keep Inclusion Specialist informed of any concerns, how the programs proceed, and about any communications which are to be sent out.
- Know and understand all safety procedures of the J. Be able to lead the participants in the event of an emergency.
- Attend all training and meetings as required.
- Write and maintain progress notes pertaining to each participants goals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor