$500 Signing Bonus, FULL BENEFITS
- Signing Bonus for new Employees
- $250 after 3 months of employment
- Additional $250 to be paid out after 6 months of employment
- Discount on Early Childhood Center
- Family Membership to the J!
- Discounts for Summer Camps
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent experiences in health & wellness, early childhood and adult education, sports and recreation, camping, Jewish and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits, including a complimentary membership! The Js commitment to diversity and equity is ongoing, and our culture is warm and inclusive of all, regardless of faith. Employees are safe being who they are at work. We invite you to be a part of our amazing team and community.
Under guidance of the Maintenance III Supervisor, be responsible for directing the work of B&G employees for their daily responsibilities. Ensure the daily set up and take down for all related events within J facilities. Perform minor preventative or routine maintenance associated with facilities. Ensure proper working condition of all building equipment. Depending on schedule, this role is the acting supervisor on duty in the absence of the Maintenance III Supervisor.
- Assign, direct, coordinate and be responsible for the work of all employees, either directly or through leading employees as the case may require.
- Coordinate physical set ups in the buildings and on the grounds for meetings and extra curricular performances, such as concerts, lectures, athletic events, etc.
- Lock and unlock doors to classrooms, lecture rooms, offices, etc.
- Collect debris removed from the buildings and place in containers for removal by truck.
- Replace burnt out lightbulbs as needed.
- Mop, sweep and scrub floors and other surfaces when needed.
- Routine walk through of locker and restroom to ensure cleanliness. If not clean, follow through with needed related work.
- Launder, fold and restock towels as needed.
- Drive agency vehicle to perform deliveries between buildings of things such as towels, lunches, mail, etc. May also drive locally to deliver and pick up items as necessary. Drive campus to ensure security of campus and outdoor facilities
- Move furniture, supplies, and miscellaneous equipment as directed.
- Collect waste paper and recyclables.
- Sweep or shovel snow from entrances, walks and drives
- Delivery of items from back dock area to various departments.
- Alert Supervisor of any unusual occurrences, damage that has taken place, and work that needs to be completed as a result of various room activities
- Maintain open, professional and courteous communications with all staff/management/customers.
- Ensure any building mechanical or electrical equipment are in proper working condition.
- Assist the MIII Technician, MIII Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor when needed.
- Attend and participate in training and staff meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.