CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Job Position – High School Intern – OKC
(Position Description – part-time (seasonal), ministry, exempt, and at-will)
Campus – Crossings Community Church – OKC
Summer (May-July) and Fall (August-May) internships available. Internship terms and hours vary and are flexible.
CROSSINGS STUDENT MINISTRY
Bottom line: We want our community of students to continue following Jesus after high school ends. We are equipping students to be independently dependent on Christ. We want them to be Christ-Centered Kingdom Workers no matter where they go or what they do.
Crossings Students staff is excited to be a teaching environment for potential pastors or lay leader volunteers. We do the following for our interns:
- Pastor the heart.
- Coach with accountability.
- Develop professionally.
What an Intern does:
- Support Crossings Students Pastors and Staff.
- Connect high school students (9th – 12th grade) with staff and small group leaders.
- Internships are short term ministry experiences. Connect students to the long term adults.
- Work for the Kingdom.
- Treat every assignment as if it is your legacy. No task is too small.
- Hours to include office hours, programming time, as well as special events.
Skills Required for Position
- Positive and get-it-done attitude.
- Values collaboration, clarity and unity.
- Goal setting/driven and a self-starter.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
Education and Experience
- Interns are preferred to have at least completed their second year of college and pursuing or finished a degree in student ministry or the like.
- Preferred, but not required: attends Crossings on a consistent basis to understand culture, mission and vision.
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics, in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of Crossings Community Church, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion.