Training and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or other related field with at least seven years of finance and accounting experience required.
- Three years minimum supervising paid staff.
- CPA certification and/or MBA highly desired.
- Background in healthcare and managed care industry required.
- Experience at a Federally Qualified Health Center preferred.
- GAAP and related regulations as well as government and non-profit accounting and OMB Circulars.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Automated accounting packages, with Abila MIP Fund Accounting preferred.
- HRSA Section 330 grant requirements; Medi-Cal and Medicare requirements for FQHCs; healthcare accounting.
- Strong time management skills, including prioritization of multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with strong work ethics.
- Committed to accurate and high quality work.
- Communicate effectively, persuasively and professionally, in both written and verbal forms, with a wide range of individuals, organizations and funding sources.
- Maturity and sound judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.