The Host is responsible for greeting guests and seating them while reflecting the high customer service standards of the club. They are responsible ensuring the reception area is clean and ready for guests to enter as well as taking reservations making sure tables for big parties are ready. A Host must maintain a professional appearance and friendly attitude toward guests, other employees and management staff.
- Checks and answers messages. Answers incoming calls.
- Responsible for turning on TVs. Puts Sports on all TVs. Insures music is on for main dining room.
- Checks Reservation book and takes reservations. Have tables ready for reservations with parties of 5 or more. Reports number of reservations to the Chef.
- Arranges proper menus and wine lists on podium. Inspects, cleans, and replaces menus when needed. Keeps stock of menus.
- Helps put out lamps and wine glasses on tables for dinner.
- Lights the fireplace, lamps and the plant lights on each of the four corners of the dining room.
- Keeps stock of black napkins. Distributes them when required and folds more as needed.
- Greets members and guests as they come in. Thanks and invites them to return.
- Acquires members name and/or member number. Documents member name & number, party size, table number and highlights after seating them.
- Seats members and guests. Removes any extra settings and moves table décor to open spaces.
- Distributes food and wine menus; answers questions.
- Transfers To-Go Orders before 3pm to Snack Bar. After 3pm, takes To-Go orders and then gives them to either the bartender on duty or a server. The bartender/server and food-runner will make sure the order is correct and they will bring it out when it is ready.
- Makes sure to uphold the dress code and policies of the club.
Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company as requested by the supervisor.