The Steward is responsible for promptly and carefully sorting and cleaning dishes, glassware, flatware, pot and pans and other related items. They follow all instructions from supervisors to ensure the safety of themselves and others working in the kitchen. The Steward must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of the company.
- Complete all assigned work in a safe and complete fashion.
- Understand and follow all safety rules and precautions when using tools, cleaning chemicals or other potentially dangerous equipment or supplies.
- Load and unload dishware and flatware from the dishwashing machine and store them properly.
- Clean, handle and store silver in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintain and store equipment and cleaning supplies in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- Place damaged or excessively work pieces in the designated area for repair.
- Follow the established schedule for thoroughly cleaning the Pastry Shop, Garde Manger kitchen, butcher shop, main kitchen, kitchen hallways, banquet kitchen, room service kitchen and service area and the cafeteria.
- Maintain a respectful working relationship with management staff and other employees.
- Follow all procedures when responding to any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company as requested by the supervisor.