QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Listed below are the qualifications that represent the knowledge, skills, and/or ability to perform this job successfully:
- Must provide prompt and cordial service to all guests.
- Working knowledge of, or the ability to learn, point-of-sale computer systems.
- Must be reliable, responsible and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions.
- Apply critical thinking to solve problems in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must meet legal age requirements for the position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior resort and/or hospitality experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equal to a GED.
- Must speak and communicate in English.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with guests, management and coworkers.
COMPUTER SKILLS (FOR ADMINISTRATION OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS):
- Proficient in POS system preferred, but not required.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Must have Food Handler Certificate.
- TIPs certification preferred, but not required.
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- Valid California Driver License is required (for specific positions).
The work environment at ranges from winter time lows of 30 degrees to summer time highs to 80+ degrees. While performing these duties the employee may be exposed to outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Lift 25-50 lbs. (for specific positions)
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GROOMING & UNIFORM:
Some positions will be required to wear uniforms. Uniforms are the property of the Resort. Uniforms that have been tampered or destroyed will be the responsibility of the employee and disciplinary action will apply.
- Hair must be clean and kept at a reasonable length.
- All Food Servers and Culinary personnel must wear their hair tied back.
- No extreme dying or bleaching of hair is permitted.
- Fingernails must be clean and well-trimmed at all times.
- Antiperspirant or deodorant must be worn.
- Cologne or perfume may be worn at a minimum.
- Nametags must always be worn, unless your department has a specific policy to the contrary.