- A minimum of two years experience providing early childhood services or services to young children and families; or an Associates or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood, Social Work, Human Services, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and abilities to work effectively with children ages 0-17, with emphasis on younger children ages 0-6.
- Knowledge of issues impacting children of women with chemical dependency issues is desirable, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to transport children and mothers for family activities.
- Able to work well as a team member with coworkers and referral sources.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds helpful.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with Avivo participants and services, confidential/ sensitive materials and documents.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with program participants.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills in a team environment.
- Position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds safely.
- Candidate must be able to pass BCA and DHS background study prior to hire.
- Utilize computer network system, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone system.
HOW TO APPLY: Please provide a letter of interest and resume highlighting your experiences and qualifications through our website at https://avivomn.org If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
Avivo serves over 15,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and economic advancement. Founded in 1960, Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career education, and employment services. We specialize in helping individuals and families who face personal or systemic barriers – poverty, homelessness, joblessness, chemical addiction or mental health concerns – achieve recovery and economic stability. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. For more information, visit avivomn.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Avivo is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic characteristics.