AGY is a world leader in high performance, glass-fiber reinforcements. Our reinforcements are used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
The Maintenance Supervisor is tasked with ensuring that all process equipment in their assigned area is maintained and available to safely produce high quality products. The Maintenance Supervisor personally leads a multi-craft crew of approximately 25 people. The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Maintenance Department Leader and is one of four supervisors on the maintenance staff.
Principle Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and supervise team of maintenance technicians.
- Ensure that preventative and predictive maintenance is being performed on all assets.
- Make changes to the preventive and predictive maintenance tasks based on breakdown and specific equipment recommended data.
- Continuously review process equipment components to ensure process equipment is available as components become obsolete.
- Handle general accounting tasks, such as payroll, and budgeting.
- Oversee and supervise the quality of work for other employees to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Manage and review service contracts.
- Conduct and documents regular equipment inspections.
- Maintain adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary.
- Project Management - Coordinate and execute Capital Projects.
- Measure results using both maintenance and production metrics.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols.