WHO WE ARE: Founded in 1966, CRLA’s mission is to fight for justice and individual rights alongside the most exploited communities of our society. Through a network of regional offices and cross-cutting programs, CRLA provides legal services to over 42,000 low-income people annually. Our work impacts farm workers, individuals with disabilities, immigrant populations, LGBT communities, women, children and families in rural areas.
The 2020 Census Community Worker will report to the 2020 Census Coordinator and will promote awareness about the 2020 Census by hosting booths at resource fairs, performing train-the-trainer education, distributing census informational flyers, and conducting door-to-door canvassing all in an effort to educate targeted to Hard to Count populations about the Census to obtain complete count.
Position: 2020 Census Community Worker
Experience:6+ months of work experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Modesto, CA
Term of Employment: Temporary Long Term (12 months), Full-Time
Other: FLSA Non-Exempt, Union Position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote awareness about the 2020 Census.
- Provide 2020 Census community outreach and education to Hard To Count (HTC) populations through forums, workshops, canvassing, train-the-trainer events to partnering nonprofits, hosting canopy booths, and other related events/activities.
- Work with community partners to conduct outreach and education regarding the significance of the 2020 Census.
- Identify HTC populations that are least likely to respond to the census and ensure that such populations understand the importance of participating in the census.
- Collaborate with other agencies on census related activities by maintaining CRLA liaison with local organizations and groups and attending Census-related community meetings.
- Prepare monthly reports summarizing outreach efforts and project progress.
- Community workers will be required to travel throughout Stanislaus County to perform census related work.
- Coordinate and manage a group of volunteer canvassers and flyer distributers.
- Perform other tasks assigned.