The position of Admissions Associate is integral to The Westminster Schools Office of Admissions. The Admissions Associate plays a vital role in supporting the Associate Director of Admissions I and II, and reports to both roles. The Admissions Associate works in support of the office mission to attract, identify, and enroll students who will thrive in the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, and physical intensity of Westminster while nurturing and guiding families through the admissions funnel.
The Admissions Associate will be an energetic, ethical, and collaborative professional who uses a collaborative approach to problem solving and has the proven communication, technical, time management, and planning skills necessary to collaborate productively with staff, faculty, students, and the community. The individual in this position must fundamentally embrace and further the Schools mission, vision, and culture while clearly reinforcing the Schools brand.
Supervisor: Associate Director of Admissions I and Associate Director of Admissions II
Supervisory Responsibilities: n/a
Position Status: Salaried, exempt, full-time, regular, 12-month
Hours of Work: Standard work week. Evening and weekend work will be required.
- Provides administrative support including but not limited to providing timely response to admissions calls, emails, general correspondence, etc.
- Assists in the planning and execution of tours and events, both on and off campus.
- Assists the Associate Directors with admissions assessments including the review and update of assessments; training and supervising faculty evaluators; performing periodic evaluations as requested
- Supports the Admissions Systems Manager with admissions and enrollment management data entry and student file support during peak Admissions season, including document management, form and queue management, form delegation, interview scheduling and prep.
- Assists families during peak season with file completion inquiries.
- Assists in the management of the Admissions Committees, including assigning and training readers; reading files as required; prepare pre-committee and post-committee stats.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- A growth mindset with interest in process improvement and self-development
- Diplomatic interpersonal skills, including strong social and emotional skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively with a broad and diverse constituency while representing the school with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Diplomatic interpersonal skills, including strong social and emotional skills
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- A disciplined, results-oriented self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively in a fluid environment
- Proven experience in a customer focused field creating and managing customer relationships.
- Team player with a positive attitude, proactive approach, and customer-service mindset
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google G-Suite
- Fundamental understanding of and commitment to the Schools culture, mission, and vision; a willingness to serve as an ambassador for the School, both internally and externally
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; talk and hear; engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
Travel is primarily local during the regular business day. Overnight and out-of-area travel may also be required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Westminster is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. It is Westminsters policy to provide equal employment opportunities and administer terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Note: This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. This position description should not be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position. Nothing contained in this position description restricts Westminsters right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.