The Admissions Process Manager is responsible for the overall design, management and maintenance of the Admission Database, including reporting. The Admissions Systems Manager will partner with the Enrollment Systems Manager and IT services to provide for the integration between the Admissions Database and other campus-wide systems.
Supervisor(s): Director of Admissions /Director of Enrollment Management
Supervisory Responsibilities: n/a
Position Status: Salaried, exempt, full-time, regular, 12-month
Hours of Work: Standard work week. Hours may vary depending on the schedule of events. Some evening and weekend work will be required during the Admissions season. Off season and holiday remote work offered.
Manages the design, annual updates, operation, maintenance, accuracy, security, and reporting of Admissions Database(s):
- Serves as the lead database manager for internal and contracted software system databases related to the Admissions Department. Serves as the Ravenna support contact person for families
- Annually, updates and builds out the new season online application; oversees the submission of all related documents.
- Coordinates with the Admissions Directors to create and post online events, including open houses, tours, specialty meetings, and applicant interviews; creates email campaigns; supervises the creation and timing of various email communications
- Schedules applicant interviews/evaluations; oversees the submission of related applicant materials
- Supervises the functioning of the online decision module and related USPS mailing in conjunction with various departments.
- Assists various divisions and departments with new-student onboarding, including registration events, applicant testing visits, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Proven experience in a high-demand admissions environment; ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- High level of computer technology skills with the ongoing curiosity and ability to learn new systems and technology. Experience with the following tools is a plus: MS Office in a Mac environment, Google/G-Suite applications, Asana, Admissions Applicant (Ravenna) and Student Information (Veracross) Systems.
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively with a broad constituency while representing the school with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Team player with a positive attitude, proactive approach, and customer-service mindset.
- A disciplined, results-oriented self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively in a fluid environment.
- Fundamental understanding of and commitment to the School’s culture, mission, and vision; A growth mindset with interest in process improvement and self-development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; talk and hear; engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
Travel is primarily local during the regular business day. Overnight and out-of-area travel is not required, but might be available for training purposes.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Westminster is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. It is Westminster’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities and administer terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Note: This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. This position description should not be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position. Nothing contained in this position description restricts Westminster’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.