This School Receptionist and Admissions Office Assistant is designed for a warm communicator with a heart for helping others and a skillful logistician with a head for people, schedules, and processes.
The ideal candidate would be familiar with the school culture, maintain a warm and positive disposition, exhibit a mastery of both interpersonal and logistical skills, be highly adept at technology, and be an excellent communicator.
As the person responsible for creating a positive first impression and welcoming presence, Westminster’s School Receptionist/Admissions Office Assistant will greet and assist visitors and callers with professionalism and enthusiasm. A member of the school’s Enrollment Management (EM) and Admissions Team, this person will provide administrative support to the team under the supervision of the Director of Enrollment Management.
Responsibilities of this position include reception, EM/Admissions office administration, and admissions event logistics support.
Supervisor: Director of Enrollment Management
Supervisory responsibilities: n/a
Position Status: Salaried, non-exempt, full-time, 12-month
Hours of Work: Standard work week. Occasional weekend work may be required during the Admissions Season.
Hours of Work: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Reception
- Serves as the primary phone receptionist for the entire school
- Greets visitors with professionalism and enthusiasm as they enter Barge Commons, offering direction and assistance as needed
- Directs calls to the appropriate offices and responds to inquiries. Provide a warm, welcoming greeting to people calling into both the main school number and into the Admissions Department, providing information and routing calls as appropriate
- Serves as first-line assistance for unscheduled campus visitors, including admission inquiries and visits, referring individuals with issues or questions to the Admissions team.
- Proactively reviews the schedule of school activities to enable fast responses to callers’ inquiries
- Develops a strong, positive relationship with all school constituents
- Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Duties: Enrollment Management & Admissions Support
- Answers Admissions phone |Answers/ forwards Admissions email | Manages mail distribution
- Provides administrative assistance to the Director of Enrollment Management and Director of Admissions - meeting scheduling, agenda/notes, invoices, contracts…etc.
- Assists team with office functions (e.g. expense reports, travel arrangements).
- Manages office aesthetics, supplies, and resources.
- Assists Events manager with logistics , provides “Day of” event support
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to interact effectively with a broad constituency while representing the school with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude, proactive approach, and customer-service mindset.
- Experience with office administration, clerical, and customer service-related tasks with excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Google G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fundamental understanding of and commitment to the School’s culture, mission, and vision; a growth mindset with interest in process improvement and self-development.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; talk and hear; engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out; and smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to become CPR and First Aid Certified.
Minimal travel required. Occasional overnight and out-of-area travel may be required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Westminster is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. It is Westminster’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities and administer terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Note: This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. This position description should not be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position. Nothing contained in this position description restricts Westminster’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.