Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a non-profit organization looking to hire a full-time dynamic Special Education Teacher to work with children 3 - 8 years old at our Cranberry Township school location and a full-temporary position through the end of January 2023 at our Murraysville/Export school location.
QUALIFICATIONS-Special Education Teacher
- Bachelor Degree (Required)
- PA Special Education Certification (Required)
- Special Education Experience: 1 Year (Preferred)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES-Special Education Teacher
- Provide a safe, accepting classroom atmosphere and use teaching techniques that promote developmentally appropriate practices, physical, social, emotional and psychological growth for each student.
- Prepare, write, and implement an Individualized Educational Program (IEP) for the student.
- Collect, interpret and report progress of data collected on student IEP goals.
- Assess student development and performance using standardized and informal assessment tools.
- Complete written comprehensive Re-evaluation Reports (RR) for each student as requested.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 6-hour days. Working only 30 hours per week, 1230 hours per year with a typical school calendar of 9.5 months per year!
- The position is exempt with an hourly pay rate of $28.68 and an annual salary of $35,276. We do offer the option to earn extra income with summer employment as well.
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
- 401 K options offered.
- Paid School Holidays.
Why Work for Us? We've been providing life changing services to children for over 100 years. Come join our team!
Thank you for your interest!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.