Are you driven, motivated, and want a career? Do you have an interest in joining a leading provider of robotic palletizing systems for over 20 years? With over 800 robotic palletizers installed throughout North America and beyond, Columbia Okura, LLC. is unparalleled in the industry and we are interested in speaking with you! Columbia Okura, LLC. offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, paid time off, 401K, tuition reimbursement and so much more. If you are looking for a company that values its employees visit us at http://columbiaokura.com/about-us/#ourpeople to view our current positions and for more information.
Summary: Provides technical customer service and support during the installation, commissioning and servicing of robotic palletizing equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by providing comprehensive assistance in person or via phone or email. Supports customers with timely response to service requests that includes frequent travel (70%). Educates, trains, and troubleshoots problems both on-site and remotely; includes sharing responsibility for on call after hours support. Maintains a professional demeanor with customers and establishes a rapport to maintain overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensures proper electrical and mechanical installation by supervising local electricians and assembly personnel during installation.
- Confirms equipment is running properly by testing local input and output once the electrical installation is complete. Testing of pneumatic devices after installed and testing all control interlocks and assures that the correct alarm states are indicated.
- Finalizes the commissioning of the Robotic palletizing system by ensuring all aspects are functioning properly. Educates and trains customers on equipment to ensure continued proper functioning of the system.
- Ensures that production schedule and profitability commitments are met by working in a safe and efficient manner within the allotted time frame. Exhibits continual awareness of quality standards and estimated cost parameters.
- Assists with sales support by increasing customer interest in plant upgrades and future modifications. Prescribes recommended parts that should be purchased and provide recommendations on maintenance issues when necessary. Provides technical support to sales representatives, records key information to aid the sales team in quoting, and provides the engineering department with plant layouts.
- Documents project requirements by completing job and expense reports within established time guidelines. Documents and communicates information regarding the status of projects and all on-site changes and assists in the development of service manuals.
- Lead, mentor and assist in the training of Field Service Tech Trainee and (Junior) Field Service Techs.
- Customer-Required Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Employees assigned to work at customer sites or on specific customer-related projects at Columbia Machine, Inc./Columbia Okura, LLC. will be subject to any additional drug and alcohol policies and testing programs required by the customer, provided that the policies and programs are consisted with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Before any testing occurs employees who are subject to customer-related testing must sign the Employee Consent to Customer-Required Drug and/or Alcohol Testing Form.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Continuously improves operating efficiencies by participating in cross-functional teams, eliminating non-value-added activities and documenting processes and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
- Participates in applicable SOP and SWI training
Constant (over 66%)
- Independence of Action
(Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department. Job may contribute to important strategy, operation and business decisions that affect the department).
- Decision Making
(Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area with a department. Job may contribute to important strategy, operation and business decisions that affect the department).
- Problem Solving
(Problems are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, require novel and creative approaches to resolution. New concepts and approaches may have to be developed).
Supervisory Responsibilities - None
Non-Essential Job Functions
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, skills and/or abilities:
- Fanuc Program Components
- Ethernet Data Transfer
- Teach Pendent Data Screens
- PLC Programming
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- PLC troubleshooting (program editing & networking)
- Knowledge of A-B PLC platforms RSLogix.
- Project/Process Management
- Written and Oral Communication
a. Ability to provide a respectful work environment for others
b. Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Vocational or technical training preferred
- Associates degree or vocational or technical school degree preferred
- 3 years FANUC Experience
- 8 years professional experience
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
Constant (over 66%)
Sitting (travel/plane), Hearing, Listening, Talking, Standing, Walking
Bending, Stooping, Climbing Stairs, Kneeling, Squatting, Crouching
Carrying up to 10 to 50 pounds
Crawling, Balancing, Reaching Overhead
Carrying up to 10 to 50 pounds, *Carrying over 50 pounds
Lifting up to 10 to 50 pounds, *Lifting over 50 pounds
*Never exceeding our company manual lifting policy and corresponding SOPs.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Office: Employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily
occasional temperature changes.
- Travel: up to 70%
- Extreme cold: Temperatures typically below 32 for more than an hour.
- Extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 for more than an hour.
- Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause you to shout in order to be heard above the noise level.
- Vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of extremities or whole body.
- Hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals.
- Oils: There is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids.
- Atmospheric conditions: Conditions that affect the respiratory system, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
Required Personal Protection Equipment (PPEs): Safety glasses, hearing protection as required. Other PPE as required by specific operation performed.
Columbia Okura, LLC. offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, 401(k), incentive compensation, paid holidays, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Equal Opportunity Employer - Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. Columbia does participate in E-Verify. To apply for this exciting career opportunity today, please apply online at www.columbiamachine.com