- Ability to get access to the courts through an Office of Court Administration Secure Pass;
- High school diploma or GED/HSE required; MSW or LMSW, preferred
- Previous court advocacy experience preferred;
- Experience with databases for entering client information;
- Knowledge of the structure and procedures of the Criminal Justice System and its legalese required;
- Experience with ATD and ATI programs a plus;
- Strong oral and written communications skills required;
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus; and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Requires travel around NYC boroughs and to our Long Island City site office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.