Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the HR Business Partner guides and oversees all Human Resource operations and ensures they are aligned with our business goals. The Human Resource Business Partner coordinates the implementation of people related strategies, policies, and programs and advises the companies’ managers about Human Resource issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for recruiting and staffing; organizational departmental planning; performance management and improvement systems; organizational development; employment and compliance to regulatory concerns regarding employees; employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training; policy development and documentation; employee relations; employee communication; compensation and benefits administration; employee safety, welfare and health.
- Equip key supervisory staff with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. performance management, absence management, career management etc.
- Position the role of Business Partner as an integral part of the client management team by developing effective working relationships, influencing and challenging the senior management team on their personal style and the development and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and HR strategies.
- Proactively gain client feedback to aid HR functions improve service levels and alert HR areas where an issue/project may impact on other areas.
- Provide project management support and HR expertise to the business with specific related projects.
- Outside of the people plans, identify strategic people issues in partnership with the CEO and the senior leadership team and support them with advice and expertise to resolve these matters. Contribute to the delivery of business area Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide personal support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the HR strategy, using expert knowledge of the client area. Facilitate the creation of an implementation and communication plan into the local business area that achieves the agreed deliverables.
- Support the business area with the management development of their people, providing advice, guidance and ad-hoc training on Personal Development Plans and work with the business area to establish and introduce systems that identify employees with high potential, develop career paths in consideration of key roles for succession planning and self-development.
- Develop with client’s local reward and recognition strategies and interventions in order to meet business needs in conjunction with reward specialists.
- Support the client in the Job Evaluation / Pay Benchmarking process for new positions or substantially changed roles including the provision of advice and guidance on the Reward and Recognition Strategy for that business area.
- Facilitate annual and ad-hoc reward and recognition interventions.
- Drive, influence, advise and support the cultural and people aspects of organizational change, structures, people processes and business improvement initiatives within the business area in order to improve business efficiency and people management allowing for flexibility and planned growth.
- Manage strategic ER / people issues, contracting in the services of specialist HR areas as required. Update the HR Support Center / Head of Employee Relations where necessary.
- Identify gaps in existing HR policies and contribute to the development of new HR policies and procedures. Consult and deliver new/amended policies and procedures into the business area.
- We ignite social change by educating Orange County to recognize relationship violence as an issue that threaten everyone, advocating for those affected abuse, extending a safe placed or victims and empowering survivors on their journey of healing.
- We are committed to a future in which every person and family in Orange County experiences safe, healthy relationships and lives free from fear.
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.