Co-Alliance Cooperative is a modern partnership of local agricultural and energy cooperatives with community roots established in the 1920s. We are a service-oriented company, and we seek to make our customers lives easier by being their local resource for the services and products we offer. We also serve our communities and employees by creating a vibrant, positive environment that adds to their quality of life.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for communicating the value we bring to a customer and ensuring that those values are delivered and realized by our customers. In addition, this position will develop partnerships through traditional and non-traditional methods to obtain, retain and grow business. This includes being the primary resource for our customers regarding current and future technologies, in a profitable manner through our DataOnTouch program and Co-Alliance Connect.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gain in depth knowledge and insight of assigned customers initiatives, goals, and strategies through regular interaction with all levels within the customers operation, including understanding the producers business drivers, strategy and buying practices
- Utilize maps, DataOnTouch and other tools to assist customers in interpreting information and make sound recommendations
- Work collaboratively with assigned accounts to develop field or farm plans using SSI, DataOnTouch or Co-Alliance Connect
- Ensure objectives and targets are met by regular review of plan with targeted producer and Operational team involved with account; to identify, evaluate and respond to key business issues of the account and develop, present and demonstrate our capabilities to the customer
- Develop work orders for products sold to the accounts (develop plans in SSI for the products sold to the accounts)
- Detail, position and sell Co-Alliance products and services during on-farm calls, telephone calls, texts and other interactions
- Set and achieve sales, margin and other goals for each assigned account
- Maintain account and sales call records
- Communicate with Location Manager and Operations daily on account progress, account service and potential issues or opportunities with assigned accounts. Cooperate with decision makers and Operational individuals within different businesses (Grain, Agronomy, Energy and Feed) on all account developments
- Provide customer service and act as the primary point of contact for customers, including resolving customer issues and complaints
- Develop work habits that create, build and support the go-to market strategy within the organization- communicating changes in strategies and goals over time