Please note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time. Please ensure that you fully complete your application, including the application questions.
About Pathway Capital Management, LP
Pathway is a leading private market fund-solutions provider with over $55 billion of AUM from private equity, private credit, and infrastructure mandates. Formed in 1991, Pathway creates and manages single-and multi-investor programs for institutional investors worldwide, investing in various private market strategies through primaries, secondaries, co-investments, and direct investments.
Pathway is seeking an Investment Analyst to join its growing private credit investment team. Pathway invests across the private credit markets including in first lien, unitranche, second lien, mezzanine, structured credit, and opportunistic credit investments through primaries, co-investments, and direct credit investments. Pathway’s direct private credit platform provides debt financing solutions in support of leveraged buyout, acquisition, recapitalization, and refinancing transactions sponsored by leading private equity firms. Pathway’s current AUM in private credit is over $4 billion.
The Investment Analyst - Private Credit will be closely involved in all aspects of Pathway’s direct private credit platform. Responsibilities include:
- Support investment process from initial evaluation, underwriting, legal due diligence, and documentation, to post closing management
- Assist in managing initial pre-screen and triage of new direct credit investment opportunities
- Assist in producing comprehensive investment memos and recommendations for Pathway's investment committee
- Assist in post-close credit monitoring process including intake of monthly/quarterly reporting packages, tracking covenant compliance, assessing performance and outlook, and reporting
- Prepare performance/attribution analysis on an individual credit and total portfolio basis for investors
- Approximately 1-3 years of middle market direct lending, leveraged finance, credit underwriting, or credit investing experience from an investment or commercial bank, insurance company, investment management firm, direct lending firm, or business development company (BDC).
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Attained or actively pursuing either:
- Professional designation such as CFA
- Extensive knowledge of leveraged credit markets, private credit and private equity asset classes, debt and equity capital markets
- Fluency in credit analysis and credit underwriting process
- Strong research and writing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of software applications such as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
More About Pathway Capital Management, LP
Pathway is one of the most experienced and largest private market portfolio providers in the world, with an average of 22 years of private market experience among its investment partners and more than $55 billion in assets under management. Formed in 1991, Pathway creates and manages single- and multi-investor private market programs for institutional investors worldwide. Since the inception of the firm, Pathway’s investment professionals have participated in the development of more than 100 private market portfolios, committing more than $85 billion to more than 700 private market investments across a wide variety of private market strategies. Pathway manages capital on behalf of corporate and public pension plans, government entities, and financial institutions around the globe.
The firm is independent, 100% owned by its 18 partners, and focused solely on investing with what it believes to be high-quality private market managers, in primary, secondary, and co-investment opportunities, on behalf of its investors. Pathway has a team of more than 55 investment professionals and 100 support personnel who operate from its headquarters in Irvine, California, as well as from its offices in Rhode Island, London, and Hong Kong.
All regular full-time employees at Pathway Capital Management, LP enjoy a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverage with a minimal employee only contribution of $10 per pay period and $45 per pay period to cover dependents.
- Pathway observes 10 holidays per year. All regular full-time employees are eligible for holiday pay.
- Pathway provides an additional 4 days paid Holiday Time Off during the weeks of Christmas or New Year’s Day to regular full-time employees who have completed a continuous length of service of 90 days prior to their approved week off.
- Full access to a fitness center located in the building along with other amenities.
In order to be considered for any position, you must answer all required questions in our online application. Incomplete applications will be receive lower priority for consideration.
It is our policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, or other protected classification. All U.S. employees are covered by workers compensation.