The Downtown Womens Center (DWC) is seeking an experienced Digital Content Coordinator. They will work closely with the Communication Manager and other department staff to design, manage, and coordinate a range of digital and social media outputs, tactics, and campaigns with the goal of driving impact, engaging DWCs diverse audiences, and positioning DWC within the wider policy environment. They should have (1) previous experience with social media coordination, as well as demonstrable (2) design portfolio and (3) video and photography production skills (including shooting, sound recording, interviewing, and editing). They will ideally have a passion for current affairs, campaigning, design, storytelling, and advocacy, and a deep understanding of digital/social media tone, voice, and style. This position will work as part of the Communication and Development team by providing a range of technical and stylistic expertise on creative projects, and will report directly to the Communication Manager.
- Manage all DWC social media channels including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date social media calendar with input from the Content Team.
- Responsible for reviewing and responding to all social media messages and notifications, in a manner that adheres to DWC brand and messaging guidelines.
- In consultation with the Communication Manager and Donor Relations Manager, monitor social media engagement to identify potential partnerships or fundraising opportunities.
- Produce a range of digital outputs, including social media assets, videos, photography, and print-ready artwork and collateral, to help achieve DWCs communication objectives.
- Research social media and digital campaign trends and best practices to develop concepts, proposals, and scripts as necessary.
- In consultation with the Communication Manager, develop and or update the DWC communication toolkit with ready-made social media assets and guidelines for engagement.
- Provide support to DWC staff and or advocates developing social media campaigns.
- Assist with administrative tasks of the Communication and Development Department such as:
- Compile quarterly reports of digital media outputs and engagements as requested.
- Support the Board of Directors Policy & Communication Committee.
- Assist with the creation and/or revision of departmental policy and protocol as needed.
- Website edits and updates.
- Other duties as assigned, to support the mission of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (i.e., Flexibility, Communication Proficiency, Budget Management, Relationship Management)
- Project management. Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Creativity. Able to find new and innovative ways to engage and tell stories to our audiences on different social platforms and traditional media.
- Problem solving. Able to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting, and motivating way.
- Flexibility. Prepared to work under deadlines and manage different priorities.
- Technical skills. Advanced proficiency in Google, Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, and Adobe Suite (including Illustrator and/or InDesign as well as Photoshop) is required; understanding of and experience with social media analytics and marketing tools is highly desirable.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and production space. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Due to COVID-19 health and safety protocol, this role will be based remotely until further notice. Projects may require local travel or visits DWC campuses.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Able to stand and/or walk for an extended periods of time, must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with flexibility to work evenings and weekends, when necessary.
To local events as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite and Canva required
- Experience with WordPress, mail chimp and video production and editing preferred
- 2+ years of professional work experience
Downtown Womens Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin and ancestry, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status or medical condition. In addition to federal law requirements, DWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.