Help DWC provide comprehensive, trauma informed mental health care to homeless and extremely low-income women. As DWCs psychiatrist you will provide direct psychiatric and therapeutic services to DWC residents and drop-in Day Center participants through assessments, one-on-one counseling, and medication management. This position will be a part of the Health and Wellness department which is made up of an interdisciplinary team of case managers, social workers, and medical staff. This position reports to the Clinical Program Manager.
- Provide comprehensive psychiatric care to patients, including but not limited to conducting psychiatric assessments and evaluations, medication management and psychotherapy
- Diagnose disorders, including nature and extent, and work with an interdisciplinary team to determine the appropriate course of treatment for patients
- Provide psychotropic medication management to patients (monitoring and medication review)
- Conduct assessments and evaluations as it pertains to SSI and SSDI applications (i.e. Form 1002 Evaluation of Mental Disorders)
- Provide case consultation to staff and collaborate with outside primary care providers to establish treatment plan to meet patients needs
- Assist Health and Wellness and Residence staff with crisis intervention and conduct emergency evaluations of patients
- Maintain accurate and timely records of interventions and services provided to patients
- Comply with local, state, and federal confidentiality laws and regulations
- Provide services in a manner consistent with the DWC mission of fostering dignity and respect
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (I.e. Flexibility, Communication Proficiency, Budget Management, Relationship Management)
- Strong Relationship Builder
- Trauma Informed
- Good Communicator
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a Day Center Drop In environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a [part time] position 12hrs/wk. Days and hours of work are negotiable.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Current Medical License in Psychiatry and DEA Registration Certification
- Minimum of three years of psychiatry services experience
- Qualifications to be insured; organization will provide malpractice insurance
- Crisis intervention experience
- Experience working in the community mental health or medical social work field
- Experience working with a harm reduction model
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Oral and written fluency in English; Spanish a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Knowledgeable about issues related to homelessness,
- Knowledgeable about issues related substance abuse, and mental health
- Knowledgeable about working with trauma survivors
Downtown Womens Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin and ancestry, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status or medical condition. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Womens Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.