Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Social Work or related to social service field preferred
- 2-3 years administrative, community organizing, and/or executing training experience preferred
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong public speaking and oral presentations skills required
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of the complexity of poverty and womens homelessness, domestic violence, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, health issues, and older adults preferred.
- Highly detail oriented with superior administrative support, time management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Knowledge and experience with conducting virtual trainings through various platforms (i.e. ZOOM) preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Power Point preferred
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong leadership and training skills
- Ability to develop materials and trainings as necessary
- Highly detail-oriented with superior organizational skills
- Ability to be a visionary, a community advocate, and a resourceful teacher
- Superior verbal and written skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Downtown Womens Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organizations effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status, medical condition, geography, socio-economic status, and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Downtown Womens Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.