Are you driven, motivated, and want a career? Do you have an interest in joining a leading provider of robotic palletizing systems for over 20 years? With over 800 robotic palletizers installed throughout North America and beyond, Columbia Okura, LLC. is unparalleled in the industry and we are interested in speaking with you! Columbia Okura, LLC. offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, paid time off, 401K, tuition reimbursement and so much more. If you are looking for a company that values its employees visit us at http://columbiaokura.com/about-us/#ourpeople to view our current positions and for more information.
Summary: Reporting to Director of Sales, this position will be part of the Columbia/Okura Sales Team and requires close coordination with sales, engineering, manufacturing, and production teams to drive the implementation of various projects. This position provides a critical function within the Sales Team and will interface with channel partners and end customers. He/she will be integral to the overall success of the technical applications of Columbia/Okuras projects. The individual in this role will bring a collaborative approach to help drive sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform application engineering/technical support functions within sales team.
- Provide input into initial and ongoing product development based on understanding of end customer needs.
- Work closely with project managers as well as the engineering and manufacturing teams to assure project objectives are met.
- Support the technical and design aspects of specific projects. Work with internal groups, channel partners, and end customers. Prepare and provide/present proposal/project information as required.
- Understand the relationship between key technical application metrics and Columbia/Okuras business performance.
- Ensure that business processes include the capture of data needed to analyze key technical application metrics.
- Travel to support projects as required.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization and these can be amended/adjusted as deemed necessary by your Supervisor.
Constant (over 66%)
(Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager; incumbent follows precedents and procedures, and may set priorities and organizes work within general guidelines established by supervisor/manager.)
(Decisions generally affect own job or specific functional area.)
(Problems are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, and general precedents and practices.)
Supervisory Responsibilities - None
Non-Essential Job Functions
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, skills and/or abilities:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- AutoDesk Suite (Primarily AutoCAD and Inventor)
- CRM Software (SugarCRM)
- Written and Oral Communication
- Problem Solving and Creativity
- Project/Process Management
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Orientation
- Team Orientation and Management
- Spanish/Portuguese preferred
- General Office Equipment
- Spanish preferred
- Ability to provide a respectful work environment for others
- Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Attention to detail
- Broad strategic thinking
- Technical Writing
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree, or vocational or technical school degree: CAD, Engineering, or relevant technical field required
- Bachelors degree (B.S./B.A. Engineering) preferred
- Less than 12 months (Entry Level)
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
Constant (over 66%)
Sitting, Hearing, Listening, Talking
Bending, Stooping, Climbing Stairs, Kneeling, Squatting, Crouching, Crawling, Balancing, Reaching Overhead, Pulling, Pushing, Shoveling
*Carrying up to 10 pounds to 50 pounds
*Lifting up to 10 to 50 pounds
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
*Never exceeding our company manual lifting policy and corresponding SOPs.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Office: Employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs):
Safety glasses, hearing protection as required. Other PPE as required by specific operation performed.
Columbia Okura, LLC. offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, 401(k), incentive compensation, paid holidays, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Equal Opportunity Employer - Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. Columbia does participate in E-Verify. To apply for this exciting career opportunity today, please apply online at www.columbiamachine.com