Technical skillset: This position requires competency in several computer systems. You will receive training on these systems and must be comfortable with technology, willing to learn new systems, and become knowledgeable and adept at using these systems.
- Girl Scouts Volunteer Systems (SalesForce 2.0)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams
- Digital media: video posting/editing, social media posting/editing, email marketing platforms (SalesForce Marketing Cloud)
- Zoom, GoToMeeting, Looker, gsLearn, gsConnect,
- Adobe Experience Manager (web editor), Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite
- Asana (project management)
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field required.
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing and communications including creating and implementing results-driven strategic plans.
- Minimum of six years in a management role; able to lead others to achieve shared goals.
- Having established long-term relationships with local media is key.
- Collaborative leader that demonstrates an ability to cultivate and manage staff to succeed. Works collaboratively with all staff and can mobilize resources.
- Strong public speaking and spokesperson skills.
- Strong writing skills: ability to write for a variety of audiences and platforms in a clear, concise and convincing manner. Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style; excellent proofreader and editor.
- Articulate verbal communicator that conveys credibility, confidence and poise. Ability to speak to a wide range of stakeholders including the media, public, volunteers, funders and community groups.
- Experience creating and implementing public and media relations campaigns that foster community support.
- Brand management and ability to ensure consistency of messaging and grow and protect the brand.
- Knows graphic design principles; can direct and manage designers to create high-quality products and achieve intended results.
- Website management experience including ensuring functionality, ease of use, and relevance of content. Ability to interpret and use Google Analytics.
- Experience with technology and systems including SalesForce, Adobe Experience Manager, Asana project management software or similar systems.
- Experience managing social media platforms and using and interpreting metrics.
- Ability to project manage and produce high-quality products according to deadlines.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred but not required.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity.
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace the Girl Scouts mission, goals, values and council-driven programs.
- Valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and proof of insurance.
- Available for council-required events throughout the year.
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Must have access to reliable transportation; position will include some work-related travel.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel, including some overnight travel as needed (approximately 6 times per year).
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community, I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.