AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
Summary of Duties:
- The Quality Supervisor will report to the Quality Engineering Leader and directs the activities of the Process & Quality Technicians (PQT) and Frame Process Auditors (FPA). The Quality Supervisor is responsible for the efficient operation of the Quality Control Lab and Glass Lab. They would be responsible for ensuring the proper auditing of processes to ensure products are produced according to product and process specifications. They will be integral to the maintenance of AGY’s ISO 9100 QMS.
Description of Duties:
- Supervises and directs the efforts of assigned employees to include: scheduling work, maintaining time records (Kronos) and employee records.
- Leads FPA group to properly execute all planned Fabrication product changeovers.
- Evaluates product first article testing results, communicates and coordinates corrective actions.
- Evaluates results of Fabrication audits and communicates and coordinates follow up actions.
- Supports implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System.
- Carries out internal audits to support the Quality Management System.
- In support of the Operations Engineering and Quality Groups, develops, schedules, and coordinates process audits to ensure that product quality levels are maintained.
- Develops, implements, and maintains relevant procedures and work instructions.
- Validates measurement systems through Gage R&R studies or other statistical means.
- Gathers information that supports the investigation of customer complaints.
- Knowledgeable about Quality Control test procedures to enable effective scheduling, time management and documentation.
- Ensures product testing is completed as required and monitors results to inform the Operations Engineering and Quality Groups of trends and exceptions.
- Ensures incoming material inspection is completed as required and test equipment calibration is completed on schedule and records are properly kept.
- Coordinates nonconforming material process to ensure such events are properly contained and dispositioned.
- Continuously looks for, reports and acts on opportunities to improve and enhance processes under their control.
- Other task as deemed appropriate by management.