AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
Utilizes the Inventory, Receiving, Purchasing, and Shipping Computer System to audit and control material into and out of the assigned storage areas. Receives, inspects, delivers, and stores any finished goods or incoming materials. Enters data into company computer systems utilizing assigned equipment. Maintains records and files. Provides customer counter service. Processes orders and M.R.R.'s. Assists with inventory control.
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Adheres to established Plant security practices.
- Receives, inspects, and unloads stores and direct charge items mechanically and manually. Delivers items to designated areas.
- Operates PIT equipment. Performs operator inspection of PIT equipment; checks fluid levels and various PIT component systems for malfunctions; replenishes fuel supply. Completes daily PIT inspection forms.
- Receives chemical tankers; directs to tank unloading area and observes delivery procedure to insure material is placed into the correct storage tank.
- Transports binder materials to binder mixing surge areas. Insures FIFO and tracks lot numbers.
- Inventories store materials. Assists with the research and identification of errors in inventory balances.
- Verifies vendor, count of items received. Checks freight bill and packing slip against purchase order, enters quantity received and denotes partial or complete. Forwards records and documentation to Accounting and Purchasing.
- Obtains and/or creates return authorization when incorrect or defective items are received and ships items back to vendor.
- Assigns storage areas for warehoused finished goods and incoming material.
- Notifies appropriate personnel when goods are received.
- Utilizes terminal to enter data; completes records and reports (including, but not limited to, item descriptions, M.R.R.'s, usage cards, freight information, open order report, material below reorder point, etc.).
- Assists Storekeeper, buyers, and supervisor with purchase order follow-up and troubleshooting problems.
- Masters knowledge of Plant nomenclature and methods of materials.
- Coordinates daily accounting of material received into warehouse with the accounting department.
- Reconciles warehouse arid production departmental differences.
- Assist with warehouse inventories, including the coordination of the inventory taking within the department.
- Arranges disposition of "hold" material in the warehouse.
- Performs random cycle counts, generates exception reports, and reconciles differences.
- Stages, scans, labels, stretch wraps, bulkheads, straps, and generally prepares material for shipment.
- Checks weights, codes, and description of finished and incoming goods.
- Checks general condition of containers, trailers and cartons for shipment.
- Completes records, reports, orders and other papers as directed (including, but not limited to gross and net weights, print out, shipping labels, pick list, domestic, exports, disbursements, pickup and deliveries, and stores requisition cards, etc.).
- Provides storeroom services on off shifts, weekends, and holidays (including, but not limited to allowing access to the storeroom, disbursing materials, etc.)
- Interacts with carriers, procures materials from surge areas, loads material and makes load adjustments onto trucks and trailers per loading procedures.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by Management.